Microsoft Patterns and Practices announced the CTP release of the Microsoft ESB Guidance 2.0 for Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009. There are several modifications and additions in the new release summarised below:
New Features and Components
- New samples
- SSO Configuration provider for Enterprise Library 4.0
- Multiple Web Service Execution Sample
- Exception Handling Service Sample
- New ESB Web services
- Generic Itinerary Services (no itinerary header required)
- New core features
- Alignment with Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009 (Beta)
- ESB Configuration tool
- Centralized itinerary store
- Itinerary resolver components
- Itinerary forwarder pipeline component
- Itinerary selector pipeline component
- Itinerary designer
- Centralized configuration uses Enterprise Library 4.0 Configuration Block
- Centralized caching uses Enterprise Library 4.0 Caching Block
- Multiple service invocation using both messaging and orchestrations
- Itinerary BAM tracking
- Improved ESB Core engine and itinerary execution
Changes to Existing Features and Components
- Resolver and Adapter Provider Framework. The Dispatch and Transform classes have been consolidated to support batch routing of messages within the Dispatch pipeline component using document specification type, and support for itineraries.
- Itinerary caching pipeline component. The Enterprise Library 4.0 is used for configurable cache management.
- UDDI Publisher Utility. UDDI3 support only with publishing endpoints using publisher-defined key.
- General bug fixes.
Unfortunately this this release is only available for Microsoft BizTalk Server TAP customers. If you are fortunate enough to qualify visit the Microsoft Connect site.